About the Role
Bridge Recruitment’s client, a market leader in the aluminium curtain walling, window and multi material façade industry are recruiting an experienced Design Team Leader.
Reporting to the Design Manager and working with a team of 13 you will be responsible for running a sub-team of 2-3 Designers.
Ideally, you will have experience of supervising, managing and motivating team members on a daily basis, as you will be the main point of contact for sub-team members.
The Design Team Leader will provide guidance, instruction, training, and leadership skills to inspire the team to perform at their optimum.
You will have at least 5 years design experience with ideally 2 years as a manager. 3+ years in the Façade industry would be highly advantageous.
Full training will be provided for the right candidate.
- Understanding the content, design requirements and scope of Works for projects.
- Undertaken from the Tender documentation, as well as any other information available at the outset of a project. Drawing from these documents, all of the information necessary to successfully design the project within the required time period and in accordance with the project Sub-Contract.
- Developing the concept design set out in the project documentation (e.g., Contract, Specifications, Architects’ & Structural Engineer’s Drawings, and the like) into a fully coordinated, spatially correct, robust, buildable (no risk installation), cost effective, system compliant and system specific design; inclusive of all interfaces with other building components, cladding systems, ‘supply and fix’ items and the like.
- Raising, monitoring, and pursuing Requests for Information (RFI’s) in a timely manner, should clarification of any aspect of the design or additional information be required from the Client’s Team and/or other parties, to allow the design to progress.
- Assisting the Project Director/Manager to identify the project zones that the project Works are to be designed, manufactured, and installed in accordance with, identifying possible design problems, the period of time required to design each zone, the requirements for coordinating the design, likely design information required and the like.
- Planning the project design work in conjunction with the Project Director/Manager and the Design Operations Manager to ensure that the design is completed in accordance with the requirements of Production and the prevailing project programme, identifying and reviewing design resources on a periodic basis, etc.
- The management, preparation, checking, revision and issuing as necessary of the following documents:
- Setting out and typical detail drawings inclusive of elevations
- Material orders
- Production drawings and information including IFO’s
- Fixers/Site Location/Reference drawings
- As-built drawings
- Operation and Maintenance Manual
- Designer’s Risk Assessments
- Documental Transmittal Sheets
- Project Calculations including structural and acoustic calculations
- Reviewing all project and Sub-Contract documentation and communicating its content to all members of the respective Project Design Team in a timely manner
- The identification, communication and monitoring of weekly ‘targets’ for all Design and Schedulers within the Project Design Team, taking a positive role and finding a
- solution in the event that targets are not being or cannot be met etc.
Required Professional Competencies:
- Leading the organization: managing change, managing politics, and influencing others, taking risks and innovating
- Setting vision and strategy: understanding and navigating the organization
- Technical skills: proven skills in working with Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PPS, OS); Value-added technical or business skills.
- Planning and organizing: orchestrates and implements clear, efficient, and logical approach to work and manages assignments, objectives, and time; gives priority to service-affecting problems.
- Management of Time and Priority Setting: manage both one's time as well as others'; demonstrates self-discipline, controlling interruptions by moulding the behaviour of others who have varying priorities, and being time-effective and time-efficient.
- Attention to detail: ensures quality in work delivered; has a critical eye on your work.
- Thinking Clearly and Analytically: determining valid premises arriving at logical conclusions from them, separating fact from hearsay, unwarranted assumption, and false inferences, applying inductive and deductive logic appropriately, culling of logical fallacies, invalid premises and conclusions based on insufficient information.
- Problem solving: Identify barriers that prevent achieving goals and standards. Involves the application of systematic sets of procedures to eliminate and reduce the problem origins and causes. Distinguishes between problems, symptoms and indicators, inputs, and outcomes, gathering and assessing evidence relating to causes and plotting a decision matrix and eventually choosing and recommending the best options.; is direct and assertive.
You will be working a 42.5 hour week, 08:00-17:30 Monday to Friday.
Our client is open to working at home a couple of days per week, once a successful bedding in period has been established.
22 day holiday plus bank holidays (30 in total) 3 days must be reserved for Christmas shutdown.
The role is offering a salary of £45,000 P/A. Occasion site visits with all travel costs met my client.
There is a company pension scheme and excellent development & career progression opportunities.
Please apply or call Robert Lawton 01784 249713 for an initial informal discussion.