About the Role
Bridge Recruitment’s client, a successful family run business located in Reading Berkshire, is seeking to employ a Contracts Manager.
The company undertakes interior building projects throughout London and the Home Counties, specifically CAT A and CAT B fit-outs.
The business has grown from strength to strength since 2007. They pride themselves in delivering high-end finishes that have the wow factor.
The ideal candidate will have at least 1 years Contract Management experience or 3-5 years Site Management experience.
It is vital to have a background with partitioning, suspended ceilings, dry lining and ideally joinery & carpentry.
You must have a CSCS card. Further certifications such as SMSTS & IPAF are desirable however, full training will be provided for the right candidate
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Overseeing the logistical requirements of multiple construction projects and sourcing the correct skills sets required.
- Delegating work to colleagues within your team, advising best methods of production using your sound knowledge.
- Give technical direction and specific build advice. Provide effective liaison between all stake holders.
- Meeting regularly with clients, third parties and other managers to report on progress.
- Setting targets, objectives, and responsibilities for all supervised staff, monitor productivity levels.
- Regularly reviewing timings, budget, labour, risk and project plans to ensure work stays on track.
- Co-ordinate price work and daywork levels on site and sign-off subcontractors’ invoices to ensure they meet budgets set out.
- Survey projects on an ongoing basis to establish quantities and variations. Work closely with the subcontractors and client teams, prepare documentation, obtain purchase orders, agree valuations.
- Prepare accurate and timely project valuations and application for payments. Evaluate project profitability.
- Dealing with contracts and mitigating the impact of any issues.
- Ensuring the delivery of high-quality work within contract timescales.
- Understand and adhere to the health & safety programmes, and ensure procedures are demonstrated within your teams working practices.
- Any other duties which fall within the broad scope, levels and purpose of this job description.
Person & Skills Profile:
- Sound knowledge of interior fit out systems – partitioning, suspended ceilings, drylining.
- Proven experience of material take-off and procurement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Self-motivated and able to manage own workload without supervision.
- Proven experience of working on multiple projects concurrently.
Many projects are in London, ideally you will live on the M4 corridor between Reading & London.
Flexible working hours are available. The standard working week consists of 37.5 hours Monday-Friday with a 1 hour lunch break.
The client is offering a package of £40,000 - £50,000 plus an annual performance bonus, vehicle and mileage allowance.
The holiday allowance offered is 30 including 8 statutory days, a company pension scheme and an immediate start for the right candidate.
Please apply or call Robert Lawton on 01784 249713 for further information.