About the Role
Bridge Recruitment is recruiting an experienced Draughtsman for our client, a major commercial glazing contractor, based in Leicester.
Candidates are required to have 5+ years’ experience in design and AutoCAD, preferably with 2-3 years’ experience in glazing or architectural aluminium, would be highly desirable.
A background in alternative construction trade such as cladding, fenestration, roofing or building envelope will be considered.
- Responsible for the production of all fabrication drawings to the relevant standards and procedures.
- Ensuring that drawings and work instructions are kept up to date.
- Carry out material take-offs and prepare material lists.
- Ensure the quality of products and services is maintained and make improvements to the processes where necessary.
- Work under the supervision of the Fabrication Manager or Senior Draughtsman.
- Carry out regular programme monitoring to identify changes in the status of the projects.
Key measures & targets:
- Production of drawings within appropriate timescale and to a high level of quality
- Lead Project Manager
- Fabrications Manager and team
- Workshop Supervisor
- Clients and suppliers
The successful candidate is likely to meet all of the following criteria;
- Drafting background and suitable qualifications.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD.
- Experience using MS Office package.
- Ability to produce clear and informative production drawings and technical information.
- Work systematically to ensure completion of tasks to meet deadlines and clients expectations,
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritise workload.
- Proficient as a team player with excellent communication skills and also able to work on own initiative.
- Knowledge of architectural glazing and fenestration.
This is an office based role with occasional visits to site.
Working a 40 hour week Monday-Friday at the clients HQ in Leicester.
The salary offered is £25,000 - £35,000 which will be based on knowledge and experience.