About the Role
Bridge Recruitment is recruiting an Assistant Buyer to work with our client, one of Europe’s pre-eminent PLC contractors.
The successful applicant will be educated to graduate level in either mathematics, construction, finance, business studies or similar.
Alternatively, a non-graduate who has work experience in construction, finance, purchasing, buying, procurement or commercial business development will be considered.
The position will be working at the client’s head office in Bedfordshire. The role is 39.5 hours per week Monday-Friday.
The successful applicant will be an excellent telephone communicator able to speak with confidence whilst negotiating with suppliers.
Good arithmetical skills and a keen understanding of Microsoft Excel are essential.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Placing and tracking purchase orders for worldwide projects.
- Maintaining positive supplier relations.
- To work closely with the clients commercial & Project teams to keep abreast of latest costings.
- Ensuring procurement activities are compliant with internal/legislative procedures, and that risks are identified and managed.
- Negotiating with suppliers to ensure best value is achieved.
- Assisting with procurement schedules.
- Liaise with technical/design teams across the business to enable a smooth approval process.
- Keep up to date with KPI reporting.
- Assisting with management of cost control & cash flow.
This role will be reporting to Procurement Director.
There may be opportunity to visit live projects in the UK.
The salary range offered is between £20,000 - £27,000 per annum according to age and experience.
Benefits include free parking, pension and use of company gym.
Please apply direct or contact Robert Lawton in office on 01784 249713.