About the Role
Bridge Recruitment is recruiting for two experienced site supervisors local to Leicestershire. 2-3 years’ experience is essential with the successful candidate having a trade’s background prior to working in management with a practical mind-set. You will be reporting directly to the Project Manager.
The ideal Candidate will be experienced in Glazing or Commercial Architectural Aluminium, this background is highly desirable but other trade backgrounds will be considered. Experience as a Site Foreman will also be taken into account.
- Liaising directly with the appropriate Contracts Manager and providing daily verbal reports and weekly written reports.
- Oversee operations on a day to day basis and ensure works carried out are done safely, on time, within budget and to the quality standards expected.
- Ensuring all RAMS are in place before installation labour and sub-contractors commence with their works and updating RAMS as necessary.
- Co-ordinating and distributing labour to all areas to complete the tasks ahead in accordance with the programme.
- Ordering materials needed to complete the tasks ahead and arranging deliveries in accordance with site logistics restrictions.
- Booking in deliveries with the contractor to ensure there is suitable storage for materials to be stored in a safe environment, so no damages occur.
- Providing drawings to the sub-contractors with details of the system they will be working with.
- Attending weekly minuted meetings to discuss progress, working to the scheduled program to make sure all target dates are achieved to the quality of standard the Principal Contractor requires to ensure the client is happy.
- Delivering weekly tool box talks, i.e. working at height, PPE, etc.
- Providing the contractor with QA handover sheets to comply with the Main Contractors requirements, including technical data of the system being installed, before being signed off.
- Completing a daily diary of the works completed with an additional highlighted drawing of knowing exactly what work has been completed on what day by day basis to release payments to sub-contractors.
- Site surveying any areas of the job that need measuring up due to access issues, drawing up a detail of materials required and ordering with the fabrication company being used.
- Liaising with the Main Contractor to walk round site to check the progress and standard of works and any improvements needed to satisfy their requirements.
- Making sure all machinery and tools are PAT Tested and have the appropriate tests in place to allow use.
- Checking off deliveries and ensuring delivery tickets are returned to the head office.
- Permits to work etc. are obtained and signed off daily and are in order to meet regulations supplied by Main Contractor.
- Attending daily logistics meetings.
- Ensuring all COSHH regulations and that materials are suitable and task specific to carry out works to be completed.
- Booking in third party sub-contractors to carry out tasks i.e., water testing, stress testing, air testing to existing curtain wall frames, windows, cladding panels, rain screen systems, roofing systems, etc.
The firm is offering an annual Salary of £30,000 – £38,000 + a company van. This role will require overnight stay. All travel & accommodation will be fully provided along with an evening meal when staying overnight.
Please apply direct or contact Robert Lawton 01784 249713 for further details.