About the Role
Bridge Recruitment is recruiting an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor for a leading Steel Engineering company based in North West London.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified Quantity Surveyor with at least 3-5 years’ experience in the steel industry.
You will reporting to the Commercial Director and managing the quantity surveying team of three.
Duties Will Include But Not Be Limited To:
- Dealing with projects typically ranging from £50k - £5 million
- Reviewing and negotiating Contract conditions with Client.
- Preparing and agreeing Valuations / Applications for Payment
- Pricing Variations typically due to changes to design and/or construction work
- Attending client and project meetings
- Working closely with the design team, site and project managers on the running of various contracts
- Continuous monitoring of project budgets, performance and costs from start to completion
- Produce monthly cash flow forecasts and Cost Value Reconciliation for Senior Management
- Negotiating and concluding final accounts
- Preparing procurement documents along with managing supplier and sub-contractor accounts
- Dealing with Bonds / Insurances / Retentions / Collateral Warranties and Credit Control
Skills and Qualifications:
- Good knowledge of Structural and Architectural Steel
- Technically capable - understand technical drawings, construction and terminologies
- Applicants should have good experience in quantity surveying and have a qualification in this discipline (i.e. degree, HNC/D or similar).
- Experience and knowledge of various contracts including JCT, NEC and bespoke contracts.
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure whilst meeting tight deadlines
- Self-motivated to pro-actively work in a fast-paced, busy design and construction environment
- Commercially astute and highly numerate
- Highly developed influencing and negotiation techniques
- Strong planning, organisation and time management skills
- A good working knowledge of MS Excel and the ability to learn how to use specialist software
- Must be reliable.
Salary; £60,000 - £80,000/annum based on experience. Immediate start.
Please apply or call Robert Lawton on 01784 249713 for further details.