About the Role
Bridge Recruitment’s client, is a family run business located in Essex and is recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor / Intermediate Quantity Surveyor.
Our client specialises in metal roofing, facades, cladding systems, and flat roofing for all types of projects. Predominantly metal cladding i.e. Aluminium, Zinc and Copper.
You will have at least 3-5 years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor and it is highly desirable that you will have at least 1 years cladding experience. You will be 65% office based and 35% site based with the vast majority on projects based within the M25 caption area.
The perfect candidate will be a very strong communicator. Fluent English is essential combined with excellent writing skills as this will be required for technical documentation. You will need to be IT Literate with experience of Excel and strong willed in your work.
You will be working in a fast paced environment working on 30 projects per month via a team of 3 reporting directly to Commercial Director. Projects range from 300k – 1.5M.
General tasks and requirements;
▪ Checking site progress (visit site), record progress and transfer onto monthly payment applications whilst recording/actioning any changes to agreed contract scope.
▪ Keeping track of monthly application figures and ensuring relevant departments are aware of potential budgets, financial constraints etc.
▪ Reviewing labour schedules and comparing to progress on site
▪ Candidate must be highly organised and keep chronological records of site progress and use information when submitting payment applications
▪ Pricing variations and changes in line with subcontract parameters
▪ Reviewing drawings and comparing construction drawings to tender drawings, keeping note of any changes
▪ Develop and foster collaborative working relationships with Client, Client Representatives and Supply Chain.
▪ Full driving licence required
▪ CSCS card ideal but not a necessity
▪ Degree qualification or progressed to a Quantity Surveyor from originally being on the tools.
They would aim to teach/develop the points below to the right candidate;
- A good general understanding of various construction sub-contracts (e.g. JCT Design and Build, NEC3 etc.)
- Compiling sub-subcontract orders including enquiry and pricing documentation. General subcontract procurement
- Timely submissions in accordance with Contract requirements to maximise profit and cash flow.
- Financial Reporting
- Financial reporting, regular reporting of accurate cost value reconciliation's and forecasting.
- Identifying risks and making recommendations as to how risk can be overcome.
- Be aware of contractual matters to protect the Company’s position at all times.
You will be working 40 hours a week Monday-Friday with a hours lunch break (08:00-17:00). Flexible working will be considered when traveling to site
Onsite parking with a bonus based on company profit and personal performance. 28 days holiday per year inclusive of bank holidays.
Immediate start offering an annual salary of £40,000 - £50,000 based on experience. Potential for a company van or vehicle allowance for the right candidate. All travel to sites will be covered by our client.
Please apply direct or call Robert Lawton on 01784 249713