About the Role
Bridge Recruitment is recruiting for a Junior/intermediate Quantity Surveyor who has had good exposure to Estimating and Tendering. The role is working for a highly successful family run Roofing Sub-Contractor who specialise in Cladding and Facades. This position is based in Wigan and is 95% office based.
It would be advantageous if you have had a background in Cladding/Facades/Roofing but full industry training will be provided for the right candidate
You’ll need to be outgoing, highly motivated, reliable and trustworthy with the skill set and qualifications to meet the job description. Your core duties are to assist the Operations Manager with tenders on receipt of tender information from the main-contractor or end user, prepare month end application for payments, raise variation costs, manage all subcontract work payments for approval to accounts team, review JCT and NEC subcontract document.
- Preparation of monthly applications/valuations.
- Preparation of cost variations and approval prior to undertaking.
- The management of cost and quality control.
- Controlling quantities and costs of materials, time and labour.
- Preparing cash-flow projections.
- Cost control during construction.
- Negotiating contracts.
- Writing reports and overseeing bills of quantities.
- Minimising risk and complying with health and safety rules.
- Keeping up to date with construction methods and materials producing up to 25 tenders a month. 10k – 2.5M
- Attention to detail and methodical thinking
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- A problem-solving and Analytical thinking skillset
- Strong IT skills, MS office and especially Excel
- Construction industry knowledge
- Good Initiative and works well under pressure
- Cladding/Facades experience.
- Degree educated or someone with a construction background who has progressed to a QS
- Estimating experience.
The client offers some flexibility to working hours but you will be working a 40 hour week with occasional works on Saturdays. Paying a basic salary of £25,000 - £35,000 based on experience. All travel costs will be met by the company when traveling to site.
Immediate start for the right candidate. Please apply direct or call Robert on 01784 249713