About the Role
Major Projects Quantity Surveyor – Cambridgeshire
Our client, a main contractor with a trading history of 135 years, requires a “Major Projects Quantity Surveyor” to join a busy construction team.
Working as part of a small team, reporting directly to the Construction Director the ideal candidate will have an analytical mind-set, a high level of attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
Applicants will have 5+ years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor in a main contractor environment.
Working full time from HQ in Cambridgeshire, projects cover a 50 mile radius.
- Working closely with internal Site management and contracts manager. liaising with external Sub contractors.
- Organising the division of a project into its component work packages, awarding packages to specialised construction companies,
- Dealing with contractual and legal matters.
- Managing costs to make sure that the initial budget isn’t exceeded and profit is achieved.
- Agreeing payments and final accounts.
- Targeted at saving 5-10% of total cost from original estimator quote.
- 5 Years’ experience as Quantity Surveyor.
- Main contractor background.
- Preferable experience around M&E / Carpentry / Roofing / Brickwork.
- Methodical way of thinking.
- Good knowledge of construction.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good financial and numeracy management skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- The ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily
- Computer literate.
- A clear understanding of HSE building regulations and legal guidelines
- Intermediate level for Excel: Must be good with formula, Pivot tables etc.
The company and the position suits somebody who is looking for a long-term career progression.
The successful candidate will look to progress to a Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager.
The role is offering an annual package of £40,000 - £50,000 plus a company car and an annual bonus.
Please apply direct or call Robert Lawton on 01784 249713 to discuss further.