About the Role
Our client, with a head office in Leicester, has over 40 years experience manufacturing and installing aluminium and PVCU windows in commercial, domestic, educational, retail and domestic properties.
A vacancy exists for an experienced Project Manager to oversee installation projects.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Project Manager with a management CSCS card (Black).
A main or sub-contractor background will be considered.
You will ideally have a background in fenestration, glazing, cladding, roofing. Other technical backgrounds may be considered.
You will report directly to the Operations Director and work closely with estimators, buyers, site supervisors and clients.
Excellent communication skills and attention to detail are vital.
Key responsibilities will include:
- The effective management of contracts from receipt of order to completion of contract.
- To supervise the project design both in house and externally.
- To liaise effectively with Contractors, Subcontractors and Architects.
- To work within budgets and to supervise the timely purchase of resources.
- To provide weekly and monthly progress reports for contracts.
- To maintain correspondence with clients regarding progress and variations.
- To manage and supervise site activities.
- To ensure materials, plant and machinery arrive at site on time.
- To supervise Health & Safety.
- To ensure Risk Assessments and Method Statements are in place and on time and signed by all stake holders.
- To manage quality management.
- To achieve project sign-off with client and issue Completion Certificates.
- CSCS Black Card for Projects Manager
- Experience within the construction industry.
- Significant experience and technical competency façade elements of construction.
- Experience of commercial glazing (Education, Leisure, Industrial).
- Strong IT skills, particularly in the use of Excel and Word and Microsoft Project
- Use of spreadsheets for reporting.
- Good knowledge and understanding of formulas.
- Proven track record in delivering results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills.
- A high degree of numeracy and attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills, managing multiple tasks within tight deadlines whilst maintaining the highest level of accuracy.
- Self-motivated with a proactive attitude.
The client offers an annual salary of £38,000 - £50,000 based on experience, plus a company car or car allowance.
This role will be office and site based, you must be willing to travel and stay away when necessary, accommodation costs are met by the client.
Please apply or call Robert Lawton on 01784 249713.