About the Role
Bridge Recruitment's client, a successful and fast growing landscaping contractor based in Cambridge are searching for a talented Surveyor/Project Manager.
Our client works on a range of domestic and commercial gardens and groundworks.
Projects range from 10k-150k and the company oversees roughly 200-300 projects per annum. You will ideally be commutable to both Cambridge & Bury St Edmunds.
Your role will be split into 40% land surveying / 20% procurement with an assistant to help / Project Management. You will be reporting directly to the MD and will have dedicated Foreman's on your projects.
You must have at least 2-3 years in a similar role, you must have a strong technical understanding of soil, drainage, plants and advise the customer of what is best served for their gardens.
This position is responsible for bringing a consistent flow of profitable new business to the company. The landscape surveyor will maintain and improve the company's competitive position, monitor installation and customer's perception and attitudes towards th services provided. Identify and communicate to site teams any specific customer preferences or requests and provide solutions to customer complaints.
Management and overall control of individual contracts. You are responsible for ensuring projects are profitable and dealt with efficiently whilst maintaining high levels of quality customer service. Ensure Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality compliance is maintained, and the company's procedures and objectives are achieved.
Purchasing materials for forthcoming projects, work closely with other members of the team, you will be responsible for sourcing materials at best prices whilst ensuring they meet with current standards. Materials must be ordered in time for smooth running of projects. Arrange for collections and deliveries of all materials on site and for office.
Essential Functions, Surveyor:
- Visit potential clients, survey sites, assess a sites potential to meet client requirements
- Discuss requirements with clients, complete a design questionnaire, take photographs and measurements
- Determine soil type, slope, drainage, exposure, and existing structures, features, roads, and utilities that will affect project
- Prepares and presents quotations in a complete and professional manner, according to company standards
- Sells projects at approved prices to meet or exceed targeted profit margins
- Conduct setting out meetings with site Foreman and customer
- Responds to all inquiries and requests for quotes in a timely manner
- Maintains record and tracking of all quotes in progress and timely follows-up to maximise sales opportunities
- Ensuring client is updated at every stage
- Secure renewals and selling additional contracted work as needed
- Maintains a company-owned database of current customers, prospective customers and past customers to support the marketing and sales effort
- Order and track all materials and arranging plant on site ahead of work
- Deal with non-supplied, under orders, over orders and damaged goods
- Ensure that any invoices are sent to accounts for payment
- Manage time effectively and efficiently
- Ensure that all installation work is performed in accordance with industry and company standards
- Work closely with Foreman and site staff regarding scheduling, quality and customer service
- Maintain keen awareness and provide candid feedback on customer relationship and the customer’s perceptions of the product and service being provided, to maximise customer retention
- Anticipate customer needs with positive solutions in a timely manner, assist in the sales of change orders and extra contracted work
- Be aware of billing and collection status on all projects/customers
- Ensure procurement and reconciliation of materials is carried out in accordance with Company procedures to best value and to prevent delays
- Update the company software on the progress on jobs, recording anything that is deemed necessary
- Monitor and control the cost of the job
- Drive the progress and be accountable for allocated jobs, until the time of completion including ensuring the landscaping team are aware of their responsibilities and the resolution of any post-completion issues
- Agreeing any additional work with the client and costing accordingly
- Overall responsibility for the Health and Safety of the project including explaining and passing on the RAMS to the landscaping team
- Allocate HS&E responsibilities and duties for site personnel, check understanding and provide training as necessary
- Co-ordinate and co-operate with other members of the team
- By example, set the highest possible standards of leadership in promotion of HS&E procedures and best practice, ensuring compliance with Company procedures and legal obligations
- Identify any areas for improvement (training, procedures etc.)
- Chair and attend internal and external meetings and ensure the production of accurate records of any discussions and actions
- Handle customer enquiries and complaints
Perform other duties required from point of sale to sign off and payment of project
You will be working a 40 hour week, Monday to Friday 08:30-17:00 with a 30 minute lunch break (flexible working is offered) with 60% of your time spent on site and 40% in the Office.
20 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
Benefits include company car, laptop and mobile phone.
Paying an annual salary of £50,000 - £70,000 based on experience.
Role due to organic growth and immediate start for the right candidate.
Please apply direct or call Robert Lawton on 01784 249713 for an informal chat.