About the Role
Bridge Recruitment is recruiting for a Construction Buyer to carry out and manage all necessary procurement of goods/services and factory/site requirements for commercial glazing projects.
Experience with architectural aluminum or glazing is highly desirable, other construction disciplines will be considered.
This role would suit somebody who has been working as an Assistant Buyer for at least 2-3 years or as a Buyer from a glazing sub-contractor. You will be buying for one project at a time with a ‘getting it right first time process’ You will be working with set suppliers but aiming to save 5% on components.
Experience with Logikal is highly preferable or a background with using AutoCAD. A strong phone manner, relationship building, commercial nous and experience with Excel is essential.
You will be working from the clients office in North Leicestershire . You will be reporting directly to the Operations Director. Working relationships with Workshop, Estimating and Design is vital.
- Purchasing of all Systems Metal, glass, accessories, components & sub-contract items. Up to 2 million per year.
- Responsible for the delivery, quantity, and quality of orders
- Raising of Fabrication cutting lists using Logikal
- Negotiation of rates with suppliers
- Experience in procurement is required
- Eye for detail.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Experience in the aluminum facade industry is required
- Experience with Logikal is required
- Experience with Senior Architectural System’s suite of aluminum products is preferred
- Competent computer knowledge
- Experience communicating with others over email & phone
- Experience in a commercial office environment
You will be required to work from the Client’s offices
Working hours: Monday to Friday 7.00am – 5.00pm
Job Type: Full time career.
Pay: Salary paid, wage agreed on formal interview. Up to £ 35,000. plus an annual bonus of up to 5k
- 28 days holiday including 8 bank holidays and 5 required Christmas period days
- Free on-site parking, Mileage where applicable