About the Role
Bridge Recruitment’s client, a successful and rapidly growing family run manufacturer/contractor based in Southeast London and Kent are searching for a Designer with a background in Fenestration (Commercial Glazing, Door-sets, Facades & Curtain Walling)
The company has a prestigious 60-year history of manufacturing bespoke doors, windows & curtain walling.
Products are composite built, made from aluminium, steel & timber and built to high level specifications for security & fire safety.
Our client offers a complete design, manufacturing, installation and aftercare service. Projects range from £20k-£2M covering a 100-mile radius of their HQ in Kent.
The role offers full training and development for the right candidate with excellent progression opportunities.
You will be working as a team of 3 reporting directly to the Design Manager
You will have strong work ethics, documentation & IT skills.
You will have a technical mind set with a strong eye for detail when reviewing and producing design plans.
You will have good communication skills (written/verbal) and a problem-solving skillset with good mathematical/measurement attributes.
You will have worked in construction design for at least 3-5 years with a further 1-2 years focused on Fenestration, Commercial Gazing, Door-sets, Facades & Curtain Walling.
You will experienced with AutoCAD, 3D modelling experience is desirable but not essential
The role will include occasional overnight stays with travel and accommodation paid in full.
Daily Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Working to tender specifications to produce CAD designs from plans/ elevations/details etc.
- Tracking changes and develop in drawings and reporting to Contract Manager.
- Produce mid project variations notes, drawings, and records.
- Co-ordinating the drawings development against site survey results
- Schedule quantities of materials for estimating to purchase.
- Attend Design Co-ordination meetings when required.
- Attending occasional site visits.
- Liaise closely with Contract Manager and various other departments within the company.
- Plan and manage own workload.
- The post holder will also undertake any other duties as required
- Providing input to the Design Manager for agreeing of project programmes.
- Preparing and submitting all related drawings for architectural, fabrication and installation, in line with project specifications and project programmes. This includes the amendment of drawings as required in discussion with both internal and external design teams.
- Production and/or checking of schedules and production paperwork for manufacture.
- Preparing / checking the material "take-off" of all materials required for the project as per specification.
- Assisting in the creation and updating of technical submittal information and ensuring timely issue of all engineering deliverables in accordance with project programmes.
- Issuing and pursuing resolution of Requests for Information (RFIs).
An annual salary of £40,000 - £50,000
Laptop & mobile phone
Company pension scheme
24 days holiday (allowing 3 for Christmas shut down) and 8 bank holidays (A total of 32 days per year)
Part -time home working will be considered, once a successful bedding in period has been completed.
The role is Monday- Friday, 40 hours per week.
An immediate start is available for the right candidate.
Please apply through the link or call Robert Lawton on 01784 249713 for an informal chat.