About the Role
Bridge Recruitment's client, a family run, prestigious roofing/wall cladding sub-contractor based in Stockport, Greater Manchester, is searching for an experienced Cladding Design Manager.
Our client has a respectable 50 years history, with projects covering a 60-70 mile radius of their HQ, with projects ranging from £200k-£4M.
Our client predominantly covers Weatherboard & Fibre cladding via systems such as Kingspan & Euroclad to name a couple.
As a Design Manager you will be leading a team of 3 Draughts people, working closely with internal Design Coordinators / Estimators, reporting directly to the MD.
You will be responsible for the final sign off along with occassional site/client meetings. 95% of our clients business is conducted with main-contractors.
You will have at least 5-10 years construction design experience with at least 3-5 years within the cladding industry. You will be highly experienced with AutoCAD.
This role requires top communication skills with a strong eye for detail. Good mathemactical ability with strong IT & technical skills. You must be a team player, with high levels of work ethic and reliability. This would suit an ambitious candidate who wants to take on more responsibility with higher levels of pay in the future.
Essentially, your role is to co-ordinate a 'Project' from inception to completion, ensuring drawings & materials are in place and within budget and on programme.
Daily Responsibilites & Accountabilities
- Attend pre-start meetings (handover) with Estimating department
- Lead & organise Drawing Office Team to suit the requirements of the project
- Manage a team, ensuring that all critical dates & deadlines are adhered to
- General duties to prepare detailed drawings and order materials accordingly
- Liaise with the clients site team throughout the design process
- Handover to the site team 'Red File' package ensuring that all orders & drawings are uploaded on to the cloud
- Monitoring progress to ensure that material deliveries are in keeping with the project
- Manage staff labour levels to suit the programme requirements
- Liaise with all departments to ensure smooth running of the company
- Record delays 'formally' that may impact on critical deadlines
- Prepare O & M manuals on completion of a contract
PAYE annual salary of £40,000-£50,000 based on experience
Potential profitability bonus
Company night outs
Friendly office environment
40 hour week Monday-Friday (office based)
Mileage for client/site meetings
25 days holiday plus bank holidays (33 in total) 5 to be reserved for the Christmas shut down
Please apply direct or call Robert Lawton on 01784 249713 for an informal chat