About the Role
Bridge Recruitment's client, a prestigious family run business located in Loughton, Essex is recruiting for an experienced Construction Estimator.
The company specialises in Joinery & Carpentry including; 1/2nd fix and finals that includes: Carcassing timber partitions, studwork, window boards, vanity unit framework, roof trusses, staircases, windows, structural timberwork, internal hardwood and softwood doors and frames, pre-formed door sets or loose lining sets, architraves, skirting's and mouldings, staircase components (handrails and balustrades), kitchens, mirror cabinets to bathrooms and bath panels.
You would have worked as a construction estimator for at least 10 years. It is highly desirable you would have worked in the carpentry/joinery sector for at least 1-2 years as knowledge of carpentry/joinery is essential. The role is 80% estimating and 20% procurement. Buying experience is advantageous but full training will be provided for the correct candidate.
This role would suit somebody who has previously worked as a carpenter/joiner and worked up to an estimator role or someone who has undertaken a construction degree before working as a estimator. 95% of projects are based in London but the client does cover a 70 mile radius. Occasional site visits and client meetings. Projects range from 0.5-2.5M. You will be targeted at producing 5-6 tenders per month with a 8-10% win rate.
You will be reporting directly to the director and senior contracts manager but you will have a working relationship with all commercial departments.
1) Proven track record
2) Knowledge of market rates and trends
3) Knowledge of bid qualification
4) Experience in large residential and commercial projects
5) Excellent IT skills
6) Strong communication and organisational skills
7) Experience in procurement of materials
8) Ability to compare and analyse pricing information
1) Preparation and oversee of estimates for carpentry and joinery sub-contracts
2) Preparation of take offs (using software)
3) Pricing B0Q’s
4) Adjudicate on tender submissions
5) Preparation and submission of pricing documents
6) Client communication and attendance at pre-start meetings
7) Obtaining quotations for materials and sundries from suppliers
8) Comparing and negotiating quotations received for materials and sundries
9) Pricing additional works outside of original scope
10) Build relationships with supply chain
11) Work well independently and in a team environment
You will be working 40 hours a week Monday-Friday with a hours lunch break (08:00-17:00).
Onsite parking with a generous bonus based on company profit and personal performance. 28 days holiday per year inclusive of bank holidays.
Immediate start offering an annual salary of £45,000 - £65,000 based on experience.
Please apply direct or call Robert Lawton on 01784 249713