About the Role
Assistant Contracts Manager with career advancement to Contracts Manager - Southeast London, Kent.
Bridge Recruitment’s client, a successful and rapidly growing family run manufacturer/contractor based in Southeast London and Kent are searching for an Assistant Contracts Manager developing to a Contracts Manager.
The company has a prestigious 60-year history of manufacturing bespoke doors, windows & curtain walling.
Products are composite built, made from aluminium, steel & timber and built to high level specifications for security & fire safety.
Our client offers a complete design, manufacturing, installation and aftercare service. Projects range from £20k-£2M covering a 100-mile radius of their HQ in Kent.
The role offers full training and development for the right candidate with excellent progression opportunities.
You will be running up to 3 sites simultaneously with 5-10 staff per site.
You will have worked as Site Supervisor/Manager or as a Projects Coordinator for at least 3 years.
You must have at least 2-3 years’ experience with Curtain Walling, Facades, Glazing/Fenestration and Door-sets.
You will have strong work ethics, documentation & IT skills.
You will be commercially minded with a strong eye for detail when reviewing contracts and ensuring projects are profitable.
You will have good communication skills (written/verbal) and a problem-solving skillset with good mathematical attributes.
You will ideally have exposure to on-site procurement and design coordination; however, full training will be provided.
You will be reporting directly to Production & Commercial Directors and will have key relationships with all site staff, Quantity Surveyors, Main Contractors, Architects, and sub-contractors.
The role will include occasional overnight stays with all travel and accommodation paid in full.
Daily Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Ensuring all projects are delivered against budget and timescales
- Leading and managing project teams on the projects under your control
- Reporting to Directors on progress, programme, and cost control on allocated projects
- Overseeing design and attending design meetings, as necessary
- Procurement of sub-contract packages up to specified value in conjunction with QS
- Assisting the Production Department in dealing with suppliers, as necessary
- Ensuring close coordination and communication with Main Contractor/Architect/Client Subcontractor
- To ensure all site related Risk Assessments and Method Statements are in place and issued
- Manage own workload and areas of responsibility
- Agreeing monthly fixing sub contractors' applications; ensuring correct documentation is in
- Responsible for site H&S, producing of RAMS & Tool-box talks
An annual salary of £45,000 - £50,000 with a review once fully trained as a Contracts Manager
Company vehicle and fuel card
Laptop & mobile phone
20 days holiday plus 3 for Christmas shut down and 8 for bank holidays (31 days per year)
Please apply or call Robert Lawton on 01784 249713 for an informal chat.