Your Bridge Consultant
Freight and Commercial
About the Role
Experienced Art Technician/Handler
Art · Colnbrook, Berkshire
Our client is looking for an experienced Art Technician/Handler to join their busy team.
The role of Art Technician/Handler will involve, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring safety and protection of artworks at all times
- Warehouse handling
- Placing into and picking artworks from storage
- Keeping storage records up-to-date
- Collecting and delivering artworks from/to client premises
- Completing condition reports
- Providing installation and de-installation services at client premises & art fairs/exhibitions
- Preparing and measuring artworks for packing
- Packing and crating artworks in the warehouse and at client premises
The knowledge, skills and experience required from our Art Technician/Handler are:
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
- A good knowledge of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Experience in field of art shipping and logistics.
- Knowledge of packing materials and packing methods.
- Experience of storage or removals.
- Art installs and de-stalls.
- The ability to prioritise and organise own workload to tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills; including the ability to communicate effectively with clients.
- Be a team player, with the ability to work as a member of the Gallery Services team as well as alongside members of staff within other teams, as required.
- Sound knowledge of IT systems – Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience of supervising other team members would also be an advantage]