Your Bridge Consultant
Freight and Commercial
About the Role
Driver / Warehouse Operative
Our clieNt is recruiting for a Driver/Warehouse Operative to be a key member of the driving team and also organise the warehouse. Working 08:30 to 17:30 (including one hour paid break) Monday to Friday.
The role of Driver/Warehouse Operative will involve, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Complete collection and delivery of freight in line with operating procedures.
- Complete daily run sheet accurately and ensure the information is uploaded to the system.
- Ensure all goods are safely secured and paperwork is in order.
- Adhere to the company’s security procedures at all times.
- Keep allocated vehicle clean at all times.
- Perform vehicle defect reports on every company vehicle used and hand into Manager.
- Support colleagues should they required assistance.
- Report any issues in the transport department to your Manager.
- Represent the company at all times by demonstrating high levels of customer service and a smart appearance.
- Adhere to the sire security and health & safety regulations, reporting any breaches to the Manager or Director.
- Check the freight given by the warehouse is correct when loading van.
- Check off all freight collected and hand over to the warehouse when returning from the run.
- Liaise with carious security companies when making deliveries/collections as necessary.
- Park vehicles in an acceptable manner at all times.
- Pack any freight to ensure it is suitable for either road or air freight.
- Scan PD’s as soon as delivery is made and upload accurate information.
- Email or telephone over accurate information once a collection has been made (seal numbers, dimensions & weight), as necessary.
- Undertake additional duties, or assist other members of staff, as may be reasonably requested by the Manager or Directors.
- Hold a full UK driving licence (no HGV licence required, but desirable).
- Have a good knowledge of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Have the ability to prioritise and organise own workload to tight deadlines.
- Have strong communication skills: the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Be a team player in the transport team, as well as work with staff in other departments.
- Experience of warehouse work; including operation, stock locations and health & safety.
- Experience of transporting valuable goods.
- Have sound knowledge of IT – Microsoft Outlook and PD Scanning app via smart phone.
- Knowledge of local area and Central London.
Due to the nature of the role, there are also a number of compulsory checks that must be carried out:
- A criminal record check - basic disclosure, carried out by the Disclosure & Barring Service.
- A 5 year reference history, with any gaps in employment scrutinised and accounted for.
- A driving licence check.